Guide price £1,950,000
OUTSTANDING FAMILY HOME IN EXCEPTIONAL PRIVATE GROUNDS OF ABOUT SIX ACRES ..... The Red House was built circa 1888 by Leopold Goldberg a prominent London solicitor. After World War One he sold the property and during the Second World War it was used by the Canadian Dental Corp. After the war in the 1950's the Crupp family had the property rebuilt using some of the original materials to create a magnificent and important home in the village. The property is approached by electronic gates leading to a most impressive sweeping driveway through the southerly grounds and arriving at The Red House with a turning facility in front of the house. The driveway continues behind The Red House to a brick block parking area which in turn leads to the quadruple garage. The Red House offers superbly proportioned accommodation retaining many traditional features that one would expect in a 19th century house, including high ceilings, sash windows, open fireplaces in the principal rooms and a magnificent staircase rising from the elegant and spacious reception hall, with parquet flooring, to an equally impressive first floor galleried landing. The property has been tastefully enhanced, updated with recent redecoration throughout, new carpets and flooring including engineered oak flooring in the drawing and dining rooms, the accommodation is excellent in terms of scale and size with a great sense of space and versatility and highly adaptable, as can be identified on the floorplan. The Red House has had a previous planning consent granted which has now lapsed for a significant extension - this supports our view that there is further scope for enhancement and extension subject to the usual consents from the local authority. A two bedroom studio/annexe can be found above the garaging. This presents a great opportunity to be utilized for teenagers, family and friends visiting or au pair living etc. The majority of the rooms enjoy bright and delightful outlooks over The Red House's beautifully kept gardens. The grounds are an absolute prime feature of The Red House with the formal gardens having a variety of established specimen trees, whilst predominantly the gardens are laid to lawn with mature shrubs, flower beds and borders and a section of woodland to the eastern boundary. There is a covered swimming pool/leisure facilities with hot tub, sauna, shower and changing room facilities. Please note that the swimming pool has been decommissioned and will require restoration and upgrading, if required. There is a floodlit tennis court. The gardens are generally on the southern side of the property offering a fantastic degree of privacy and seclusion and are very much in harmony with this wonderful property. In all, the grounds extend to about six acres.
View a selection of our similar properties
Guide price £1,750,000
Guide price £2,300,000