Guide price £545,000
A cottage of immense character and charm offering surprisingly spacious accommodation set within this sought after village on the edge of Exmoor National Park. This beautifully presented village house is arguably one of the oldest in the village with a date plaque of 1609 on the front elevation. As its name suggests, it was originally the village Post Office, but has in recent years been subject to a complete and ongoing restoration programme revealing some exceptionally well preserved structural timbers, beams, uprights, flagstone floors and an inglenook fireplace. The property is certainly worthy of its Grade II Listing, the restoration works having been carried out to a particularly high standard. The house is particularly well decorated with some more contemporary styles and finishes. The gardens are found mainly to the rear and side of the house, the main part providing an enclosed lawned garden, with a sitting out area, and a fruitful apple tree. A further streamside Terrace lies to the side, along with a further raised terrace and a useful stone built store. A pretty picket garden gate leads down to the Stream. Double gates lead in from the village road to an additional paved Parking Area. There is a Single Garage on the opposite side of the road, one of a pair, which has Hard Standing at the front.
View a selection of our similar properties
Guide price £450,000
Offers in excess of £650,000