Got a question for Bury St Edmunds?

We can help

Got a question for NAME?

Get in touch

Thurston Place, Beyton Road, Thurston, IP31

£825 pcm (Fees Apply)

2 Beds 1 Bath 1 Reception

REF: BUR190004

CONTACT Bury St Edmunds OFFICE

CALL US 01284 700535 EMAIL US AT Bury St Edmunds
FIND US: 11 Guildhall Street, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1PR

PROPERTY FEATURES

  • Entrance Hallway
  • Sitting Room
  • Kitchen / Breakfast Room
  • Two Bedrooms
  • Family Bathroom
  • Garden
  • Parking

THE PROPERTY

A deceptively spacious Grade II listed two bedroom bungalow with large kitchen / breakfast room, sitting room featuring gothic windows and good size garden and ample parking and garden shed. The property is ecologically friendly benefiting from bio-mass central heating. No pets. NO TENANT FEES. Large Entrance Hall Kitchen: 12'8" x 10'8" (3.9m x 3.3m)with fitted cupboards, electric oven and hob and washing machine. Sitting Room: 13'1" x 10'17 (4m x 3.1m) Bedroom 1: 12'1" x 12'1" (3.7m x 3.7m) Bedrom 2: 11'0" x 10'8 (3.35m x 3.1m) Bathroom with shower over the bath, WC and basin Garden with shed Ample Parking The village of Thurston is well served with a local shop with post office, Co-op Supermarket, fish and chips shop, pharmacy, hairdressers, vets, two public houses, etc. The village is also located under 2 miles from the A14, 19 miles to RAF Lakenheath and under 40 miles from the M11 motorway. The Lodge was the gate house to Thurston Place which was built in 1840 by the owners of Thurston House to act as the headquarters for managing their 3000 acre estate. Tyrell Cavendish, a lawyer and English gentleman bought Thurston House in 1912 having married Julia Siegel in 1906. Julia was the daughter of Henry Siegel, at the time one of the wealthiest men in America and owner of the Siegel-Cooper department store on Lower 6th Avenue in New York. The Cavendish's were on the maiden voyage of the Titanic and Julia survived but Tyrell perished. Julia never came back to live at Thurston but went to live in Crakemarsh Hall in Uttoxeter. She died in 1963 and the Hall fell in to disrepair finally being demolished in 1998.


The Lodge was the gate house to Thurston Place which was built in 1840 by the owners of Thurston House to act as the headquarters for managing their 3000 acre estate. Tyrell Cavendish, a lawyer and English gentleman bought Thurston House in 1912 having married Julia Siegel in 1906. Julia was the daughter of Henry Siegel, at the time one of the wealthiest men in America and owner of the Siegel-Cooper department store on Lower 6th Avenue in New York.The Cavendish's were on the maiden voyage of the Titanic and Julia survived but Tyrell perished. Julia never came back to live at Thurston but went to live in Crakemarsh Hall in Uttoxeter. She died in 1963 and the Hall fell in to disrepair finally being demolished in 1998.