An exceptionally rare ground and first floor apartment is offered to the market on this prestigious garden square in SW1.
With its magnificent first floor open plan styled kitchen and drawing room (both with underfloor heating); its 12 ½ foot ceilings and tall French windows that lead out on to a portico balcony as well as its south westerly views across the gardens; this duplex apartment offers the very best entertaining space the area has to offer. Having undergone a complete refurbishment project the property benefits from not only a ''Smallbone of Devizes' kitchen with fully fitted Miele appliances but also bespoke walnut cabinetry in the master bedroom, a meticulous restoration of period features and a ''Hotbird' satellite offering global TV. The apartment is particularly well-balanced with three ground floor double bedrooms and two bathrooms plus guest loo. The impressive master bedroom (c.240sqft) again benefits from views towards the gardens and with its large windows, floor to ceiling wardrobes and circa 9ft ceiling height, it offers not only space but incredible volume as well. The en-suite shower room enjoys underfloor heating as does the family bathroom, although this has the added luxury of an Aquavision television. This would make a superb family home or grown up pied-a-terre for those looking for the very best of both worlds. The property cleverly combines traditional elegance with modern luxury, grand entertaining space with everyday life, a very rare opportunity indeed. The building as a whole has recently purchased its share of freehold, prepared brand new 999 year leases and undergone a complete facelift including the common parts and the front facade as well as the roof. St Georges Square, with its dog friendly walking facility, is located in Pimlico SW1 and is one of the most well regarded addresses the area has to offer. It is conveniently positioned for Pimlico underground (0.2 miles), a short walk to Victoria Station (0.7 miles) and Battersea Park is less than a mile away. St George's Square was originally laid out in 1839 as two parallel streets running north-south but by 1843 had been developed into a formal square and has remained London's only residential square open to the River Thames.
View a selection of our similar properties