Guide price £1,695,000
Close to the County boundary, a rather special Victorian lodge, set within a plantman's Spring and Summer garden and surrounded by farmland and open countryside The house is situated up Miles Lane which is a quiet country lane on the northern side of the A27 in Cowsfield Green, surrounded by some of the most beautiful farmland in the area, on the eastern side of Whiteparish, which lies to the northern edge of the South Downs National Park. Whiteparish is a village and civil parish on the A27 about 7.5 miles south east of Salisbury in Wiltshire. The village is about 1.5 miles from the county boundary with Hampshire and it also includes the hamlets of Cowsfield Green and Newton. The village is home to about 1500 people who enjoy the beautiful surrounding countryside and activities in the community. It is thriving village with a Church of England primary school, graded outstanding by Ofsted, two churches, recreation grounds with football pitch, tennis court, cricket pitch and children's play area, memorial centre, two public houses (The Parish Lantern and the Kings Head), doctors' surgery, community run shop and post office (walking distance across the fields) Local stations at Dean, Mottisfont and Dunsbridge. The market town of Romsey provides a wide range of facilities, further afield are the cathedral cities of Salisbury in Wiltshire and the commercial centres of Southampton and Bournemouth are within driving distance, both with regional airports whilst the A36 links with the M3, A303 and M25. The house was originally a lodge to a major country house, built circa 1875, extended in the 1970s and subsequently remodelled and updated within the last six years which has included re-fitted the kitchen and utility room, two of the three bathrooms, cloakroom, and redecoration throughout both internally and externally. Dean Lodge has most attractive mellow brick elevations, tile hung at first floor level, inset double glazed windows under a multi pitched tiled roof. The accommodation which is beautifully proportioned extends to approximately 3100 sq ft, is laid out over two floors and the majority of the rooms benefit from the unrivalled views over the adjoining countryside. A four panelled oak front door with glazed screens on either side lies beneath a pitched tiled entrance porch. This opens into a reception hall with stairs rising to the first floor and there is a cloakroom. The drawing room has a fireplace, wood burning stove, and door through to the vaulted garden room, French doors to the gardens and double doors to the formal dining room which has a fireplace and wood burning stove. There is a study, and at the hub of the house a large kitchen/breakfast/family room. The kitchen has a wide range of units, polished granite worktops, various integrated appliances and an Aga. There is also a good utility room and stable door which leads out to the rear porch and gardeners wc. On the first floor are six bedrooms (5 double and 1 single) and three bathrooms (2 suites). The house is approached via a long gravel driveway which gives access to the house and garaging. Surrounding the house are the most beautiful spring and summer gardens sweeping lawns, studded with fine broadleaf trees and swathes of spring bulbs including daffodil, snowdrops, crocus and bluebells. There are two double garages, one with a log store, two garden sheds, summerhouse, workshop with tractor store and further log store. There is an ornamental pond, productive raised soft fruit and vegetable garden, a woodland garden area carpeted with primroses and wild orchids, raised dahlia bed and compost area. Outside the old front door there is a rose covered pergola and wisteria. From the house and gardens are literally 360 views over the adjoining farmland and countryside, and the grounds extend in all to about 1.22 acres.
View a selection of our similar properties
Guide price £1,500,000
Guide price £1,900,000