Tenancy Related Costs
A Tenant’s summary of Jackson-Stops (South Manchester) fees and charges:
Where the letting is to an individual or a group of individuals and the rent is less than £100,000 pa
Full details of the step by step process to renting a property through Jackson-Stops are contained within the Tenancy Application Guide & Information booklet, which is available upon request, and which will be provided at any viewing.
Please note however, that the following only applies where the tenancy will be to an individual or group of individuals, and/or the rent is less than One Hundred Thousand Pounds per annum.
WHAT MAY I HAVE TO PAY both prior to a Tenancy and During the Tenancy?
Before You Move In
- A capped refundable Tenancy Deposit A capped refundable Holding Deposit Payments in the event of a default, i.e. non payment of rent
- Payment on variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy
- Payment on termination (surrender) of a tenancy
- Payments in respect of Council Tax Payments for utilities (electricity, gas or other fuel, water or sewage)
- Payments for a television licence
- Communication services (telephone other than a mobile telephone; the internet; cable television, satellite television)
- Green Deal charge (where applicable)
Prior to referencing we will request the holding fee equal to one week’s rent (annual rent divided by 52), which will form all or part of the deposit for the property if the tenancy proceeds.
The First Month’s Rent and the Deposit in cleared funds prior to the commencement date of the tenancy which will normally be held by Jackson-Stops as stakeholder under the rules of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for the duration of the Tenancy. Details will be made available with the tenancy agreement.
During the Tenancy Variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy – £50 inc VAT per lease document
If a tenancy lasts for a year or more then the rent is subject to review annually in accordance with the tenancy agreement.
Interest on late Rent – 3% above Bank of England Base Rate
Lost Security Items – Reasonable cost for obtaining necessary permissions, sourcing providers and travel costs
Early termination of a Tenancy – Should you wish to break your tenancy term this will require Landlord consent, and you may be liable for the fees normally incurred by your Landlord for the letting of a property.
Subject to the Landlords consent it may be possible to renew your tenancy at the end of the existing term. We will contact you towards the end of this tenancy.
Please also note that should you wish to break your tenancy term this will require Landlord consent and you may be liable for the fees normally incurred by your Landlord for the letting of a property.
At the End of the Tenancy You may be liable for the cost of rectifying any damage or dilapidations over and above that detailed within the inventory and schedule of condition provided at the commencement of the tenancy, any arrears or other breaches of the Tenancy Agreement.
A Landlord’s Summary of Jackson-Stops (South Manchester) Fees & Charges – full details can be found in the Terms and Conditions of Agency
LETTING ONLY – A fee equal to 75% of one month’s agreed rent plus VAT
LETTING AND RENT COLLECTION – A fee of 50% of one month’s rent plus 3% of all rents payable plus VAT
LETTING, RENT COLLECTION AND FULL MANAGEMENT - A fee of 50% of one month’s rent plus 10% of all rents payable plus VAT
ADDITIONAL FEES AND CHARGES TO A LANDLORD FEES IRRESPECTIVE OF SERVICE LEVEL
FEES SPECIFIC TO THE LET ONLY SERVICE IN ADDITION TO 1 -13 ABOVE – if instructed by the Landlord
- Inventory Fee – no charge for each new tenancy
- Legionella Risk Assessment – no charge
- Deposit Registration Fee – no charge per tenancy
- Rent Guarantee and Legal Expenses up to £8000 pcm rent for 6 months with a one month excess (subject to terms and conditions) – no charge
- Additional property visits over and above those included in the Full Management Service £100.00 + VAT. To attend for specific requests such as neighbour disputes; more visits are required to monitor the tenancy; or any maintenance-linked visit.
- Tenancy Renewal Fee - £100 + VAT. Contract negotiation, amending and updating terms, arranging a tenancy addendum and advising the TDS. (When instructed on the Let Only Service).
- Should Jackson-Stops successfully negotiate a rent increase after the initial 12 months of the tenancy a fee of £100 + VAT is applicable. (When instructed on the Let Only Service).
- Serving of any required notice (other than a Form 6a (Section 21)) £100 + VAT per notice per occasion. (When instructed on the Let Only Service)
- Where a Landlord requires more than two contractors quotes a fee of £50 + VAT per quote.
- All overseas postages, overseas telephone calls and faxes maybe be subject to additional charges.
- CHAPS Payment £50 + VAT (as and when required)
- Should the Landlord require a representative of Jackson-Stops to attend Court for whatever reason the fee is £200 + VAT per hour.
- Refurbishments Works Carried out by Jackson-Stops Over the Value of £1000 will be 10% of total works + VAT.
- The Agents are entitled to retain rebates and trade discounts applicable in the normal course of trade.
FEES SPECIFIC TO THE RENT COLLECTION SERVICE IN ADDITION TO 1 - 13 ABOVE
- Checkout Fee (landlords share) £250 + VAT.
- Deposit Dispute Assistance* - maximum of £250 + VAT (included in managed service) * Jackson-Stops & Staff will only be able to assist a Landlord with a Deposit Dispute on a Letting Only service, where the inventory was created by Jackson-Stops or a representative of Jackson-Stops and where the deposit is held under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) rules.
FEES SPECIFIC TO THE MANAGEMENT SERVICE IN ADDITION TO 1 - 13 ABOVE
- A charge of £25.00 + vat charge for arranging and maintaining correct records for the statutory annual Gas and Electrical Safety Checks.
- Charge for an Annual Financial Statement - £25 + VAT.
- Submission of non-resident landlords receipts to HMRC £100.00 + VAT quarterly. To remit and balance the financial return to HMRC quarterly – and respond to any specific query relating to the return from the landlord or HMRC.
- Checkout Fee (landlords share) £250 + VAT. (If instructed by the Landlord)
- Deposit Dispute Assistance* - maximum of £250 + VAT (included in managed service) (If instructed by the Landlord) *Jackson-Stops & Staff will only be able to assist a Landlord with a Deposit Dispute on a Letting Only service, where the inventory was created by Jackson-Stops & Staff or a representative of Jackson-Stops and where the deposit is held under the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) rules.
- Caretaking: If there are times when the Property is vacant between tenancies the Property will automatically come under the caretaking service at £25 + VAT per week (subject to the agent being in funds).
- Checkout Fee (landlords share) £200 + VAT. Agree with tenant check out date and time appointment. Instruct inventory provider to attend. Negotiate with landlord and tenant any disbursement of the security deposit. Return deposit as agreed with landlord and tenant to relevant parties. Remit any disputed amount to Scheme for final adjudication. Instruct contractors; obtain quotes; organise repairs /replacement/cost of any broken or missing items.