£5,550 PM, (£1,281 PW) *(Tenant Info)
An immaculate period property measuring 4,499 sq. foot featuring numerous original features including stable rooms located adjacent to Bushy Park. Previously forming two dwellings it now comprises seven bedrooms, three bathrooms, reception room, open plan kitchen with conservatory, garage, parking and garden. EPC E
Park Road was built between 1832 and 1837 on land that was once Hampton Wick's village green. The house was commissioned by the owner of the land, Richard Collins, and was constructed by a local builder called George Ferriman. The first occupant was Charles Fenner, who lived there with his wife, mother-in-law, five children, three servants and two gardeners, and until the 1870s ran it as a school for as many as 30 local children. The main room, with its high ceiling and tall windows, served as both the schoolroom and refectory. Throughout the 19th century the house had a large garden to the rear, encompassing all the land now occupied by the flats in Park Court. The property also included the triangular plot of land at the front, on the opposite side of Park Road, where there is now a row of terraced houses. It used to be an orchard. In 1880 Charles Fenner sold Park House and moved to Blackheath. The property passed to Arthur Shorter, a stockbroker who lived there until 1917. The stables are now used as a garage, but the mahogany stalls for the horses can still be seen, along with the original octagonal tiled walls and herringbone brick floor. On the upper floor, the door to the hayloft is still visible too. The 1960s photographer Adrian Flower lived in at the property between 1981 and 1993, and the singer Joan Armatrading lived next door from 1979 to 1982.
View a selection of our similar properties